Diesel Electric has a complete workshop with trained personnel to do the PDI at purchase, full service with all service parts and the complete overhaul when required.
A regular service and home maintenance regime cuts fuel consumption and emissions, extends engine life and improves performance.
Here are some simple checks to carry out at home:
- Start by cleaning your tools. STIHL has special cleaners and solvents for the purpose.
- Look for signs of wear or damage, and even inhabitants (engine compartments make nice nesting places).
- Check moving parts are secure and balanced – blades and cutting tools in particular.
- Clean spark plugs and check the gap.
- Check sharpness of blades and lubricate.
- Lubricate gear units and clean/replace air filters.
- Drain any fuel over two weeks’ old. Re-fill with fresh fuel to the correct ratio.
- To change the oil, a short burst on the engine will stir up any sediment and warm oil will flow out more easily. Turn the engine off before draining into a container for proper disposal. Re-fill before use.